About the Course
200-hour Yoga Alliance Affiliated Teacher Training Course at Vasistha Yoga Sansthan
Our Yoga Teacher Training Course is a four week residential practice and philosophy oriented program designed to provide a deep understanding of Yogic practice, history, theory and philosophy. The program takes deepens ones existing practice to a and preparing students for becoming teachers. Through the study of numerous classical texts, prospective teachers will be shown the knowledge of the roots and origins that form the foundation of the Hindu system of traditional Hatha Yoga.
Along side a daily personal practice of Meditation, Asana, Pranayama and Shat Kriystas, significant time is dedicated to the study of Hindu Texts and Philosophy, taking practitioners deeper into the understanding of the history and study of yoga, mind, existence and consciousness, according to the Hinduism.
- A strong foundation and understanding of traditional Hatha Yoga Postures with their sanskrit names
- Firm understanding and experience of Guided and other forms of Meditation
- In depth knowledge of Pranayama based on daily practice and scriptures such as Vedas and Upanishads
- Basic grasp of the complex system of Vedic Astrology and the ability to determine the appropriate Hindu name based on Vedic Astrological chart
- A solid foundation of the of the ancient Indian medical system of Ayurveda
- A basic understanding of the Sanskrit language, pronunciation and chanting of mantras, sutras and shlokas
- Chanting of Bhajans (devotional chants)
- Experience of day to day life in the city of Banaras, it’s temples, life, culture and traditions